With RayPack, professional software packaging is no longer an obstacle. RayPack acts as a framework system for the creation and management of software packages: it supports a wide variety of package formats, operating and distribution systems. Raypack can also be used to perform all packaging operations on virtual machines.
Create reliable software deployment packages
Every company’s IT department is facing many changes today: Migration to Windows 10, constantly shortening release cycles, virtualization, cloud computing, bringing your own device approach and more. IT managers must therefore not only develop strategies to address these new issues, but also reduce costs and increase efficiency in all aspects of their daily work, while at the same time extending the service they provide to their end customers. With this increasing complexity, ad hoc testing, conversion and software packaging of applications are no longer appropriate methods.
RayPack allows you to remotely manage, start, stop or execute all operations of a packaging process on virtual environments such as clients and servers. With the new functionality to run a virtual packaging factory, RayPack enables different target groups, including freelancers, service providers or end customers, to realize complex packaging projects easily and efficiently with minimized time and organizational effort. The central and automated administration of virtual environments is in the focus here and offers beside the fast change of different customer environments and operating systems, a more cost-efficient and more comfortable use.
Software Packaging and Virtualization
- Reliable capturing based on snapshots before and after application installation
- Creation of project files in various available formats for later editing (.msi, .mst, and .msp)
- Creation of virtual packages (App-V, XenApp, ThinApp & SWV ), support of third-party projects and Universal Apps (APPX)
- Editing function for package projects allows clean and efficient editing of packages
- PackBench: Easy management of standardized packaging routines
- Integration with RayFlow allows MSI, RPP and MST files to be opened from RayFlow and work results to be saved in RayFlow
- Advanced editor of MSIX projects
- Fast and reliable conversion of legacy projects into UWP Bridge App Packages (MSIX)
Windows 10 Readiness
Import of Universal / Modern Apps (APPX) for sideloading
- Embed apps in MSI structures for deployment on Windows 8.x & 10 in managed environments
- Installation per machine, not per user
System interaction and query
- Extension of functions, e.g. system search, prerequisite register, pre-defined formulations for conditional queries, etc. to include Windows 10 relevant elements
Modern shortcut pinning
- Control of typical options for applications on Windows 8.x and 10
Where standard installer technology procedures fail, RayPack sets new standards. Intuitively usable wizards guide you through classic packaging tasks: from repackaging to generating Windows Installer transform files to implementing complex requirement scenarios. RayPack offers support for beginners as well as access for professionals. The RayPack components allow companies to implement well-structured processes that take over the control and execution of EALM tasks.
Easy management of standardized packaging routines.
Automated and mass repackaging and virtualization on virtual machines.
Creation and editing of packaging projects.
Share the resources of a packaging factory with team members.
Easy management of virtual software packages.
Recording of system states for repackaging.
Individual customization of MSI-based installations.
Easily generate PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit wrappers.
Integration Package Store
RayPack provides direct access to the software packages provided in the Package Store. The available configuration options of the software packages are often sufficient to achieve the desired installation goal via deployment systems. However, if required, PackDesigner and PackRecorder provide additional modules for making advanced adjustments with minimal effort that cannot be achieved without deeper insight and/or modifications to the original resources.